Feeling extra lazy this Thanksgiving week? Well then, just head to White Castle, buy a bunch of sliders and turn them into stuffing. Really, you can do that! In fact, White Castle just unveiled the following recipe:
- 10-12 White Castle Sliders (from the restaurant with the pickles removed or picked up from your local retailer)
- 1 ½ cups diced celery
- 1 ¼ teaspoons ground thyme
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground sage
- ¾ teaspoons coarse ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chicken broth or 1 cup for casserole version
- In a large mixing bowl, tear the Sliders into pieces and add diced celery and seasonings.
- Add 1 cup chicken broth, toss well.
- Add ingredients to casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Or to stuff the ingredients into the cavity of the turkey, prepare ingredients as noted above, but reduce chicken broth to 1/4 cup, then cook as you normally would.
- Makes about 9 cups (enough for a 10-to-12-pound turkey).
Note: Allow 1 Slider for each pound of turkey, which will be the equivalent of ¾ cup of stuffing per pound.